The Sportsman Series Gasoline 4000 Surge Watt Portable Generator is ideal for powering the RV at the campsite, and a great solution for recreational activities as well as for temporary power supply in case of power outages.
This 4000 watt unit is the perfect size to take for that weekend getaway, to tailgate the game at the stadium, or in case you need some temporary power in an emergency situation. It is ideal for hunters and campers running portable TVs, radio, small stoves, grills, and other small appliances.
This recoil start generator can run for 10 hours with a 50% load on 3.6 gallons of gas. It is equipped with four 120 volt outlets, one 120V RV outlet and a 12 volt DC outlet for battery charging. This generator is powered by unleaded gasoline which is a convenient and easy to find fuel source.
Choosing a gasoline generator like the Sportsman Series 4000 Watt Portable Gasoline Generator can ease your worry when catastrophe strikes, and make your leisure activities even more fun.
We found it very frustrating that there wasn’t an off switch for shutting the generator down. You have to shut the gas off and wait for it to run out.
UPDATE: After tracing wires to add an On/Off switch we found that the power switch wire had come loose in shipping. After replacing the wire the switch now works.
When filling the oil you have to have it up on a bench in order to see the oil fill.
Unless you purchase the wheel kit the generator is very heavy ( 91 lbs.) to move around.
Sportsman 4,000/3,500-Watt Gasoline Powered Portable Generator with RV Outlet$249.00
- 4,000 Watts Rated, 3,500 Starting Watts; Outlets: 4-120 volt outlets, 1-120V RV outlet, and 1-12 volt DC outlet for battery charging
- Runs off of gasoline, 7.0 HP, 4 stroke OHV engine with low oil shutdown, 3600 RPM, 212cc; EPA approved
- Runs for 10 hours on a full tank of gas (3.6 gal.) at 50% load, Decibel rating < 69 decibel
- Recoil Start
- Oil Fill hard to get to unless generator is up on bench
- No On/Off Switch "Fixed"
- Very heavy at 91 lbs.
- Power On Switch doesn't light up.